Avocado Hummus Toast
We’re going back to the basics, so let’s talk about avocado hummus toast! Creamy avocado hummus by Earthy Bliss spread onto well-toasted sourdough bread is one of my favorite quick meals. It’s one of my favorite meals in general. It’s so delicious, I’d call it one of life’s simplest pleasures.
As usual, I have some strong opinions on what makes the best avocado toast. So today, I thought I’d share my basic recipe, with my best tips and favorite variation.
- Herby Avo Hummus (by Earthy Bliss)
- Sourdough or any regular bread of your choice
- Organic Egg
- Chopped bacon
- Chopped tomatoes and onions
- Salt, pepper
- Toast the sourdough bread to perfection, I usually like my breads on a crispier side so I would leave it in the toaster for a longer time.
- Cut bacon in small pieces and cook them on a non-stick pan until golden and crispy.
- In the same pan crack open the egg. The fat from bacon will help cook the egg so no need to add more oil separately. Sunny side up is an all-time classic way to cook the eggs. I like my egg yolk a bit runny. (In case you like it perfectly cooked, you can cover the pan with a lid and cook it for a longer time.)
- Spread the delicious Herby Avo hummus over your crispy sourdough bread. Top it off chopped onions, tomatoes, fresh cilantro and crispy bacon. Finally place the sunny side up egg.
- Garnish with salt and pepper and enjoy your quick, easy to make and master-chef style Avocado Hummus Toast.